Latest C-Mix

Home Movies Games Comics Characters
Downloads History Miscellaneous Forum

ACE Character Designer
It is currently August 16th, 2017, 9:48 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Poster Message Extra info
 Post subject: [Story] Now And Again (tentative title)
PostPosted: July 29th, 2017, 6:23 pm 
Awards
I apparently thought I had lots of posts

Yogurt tokens: 305
This is a dumb story with a dumb setting about a kid that seems pretty dumb. This chapter involves some dumb kids that do a dumb thing.

I've been wanting to write a couple different web novels for awhile now, but those plots aren't completely thought out yet and I don't want to butcher them. So here's something sub-par quality made in the moment. The chapter is sort of short, and future chapters will most likely be as short or shorter.

C&C appreciated.

R15+
Be warned, this intro chapter is kinda depressingly dark. /fireballright

[Reveal] Spoiler: Chapter 1
Chapter 1 - The Stone

Year 359 Larz Calender, a young boy stood overlooking a waterfall. “Well, here goes it!” His dark black hair danced in the air as he was plummeting towards the water below. Marcos never seemed outstanding in any particular area, whether it was height, strength, or intelligence. Except for his very determined will. Once decided he would do something, he would follow through.

“Holy toxic waste, that's a 100 feet fall,” one of the older kids remarked. The kid squinted his eyes and a hint a melancholy could be seen within. “It's Marcos though..”

Marcos was a 9 year old boy with lower than an average body type and an average mind. His redeemable traits were his tenacity and his ability to rebound after an injury.

The waterfall was popular today. Not only had Marcos said he would dive into the water below, but the scenery itself was a breathtaking sight for anyone that happened upon it. Tens upon tens of children and teenagers sat and looked at the glistening clear blue waters below in admiration. Something so pure and undisturbed remained that way for years. If of course the waterfall from 100 feet above wasn't taken into account.

This tranquility lasted until Marcos leapt of the cliff head first. Even while he was still midair, some of the more impressionable younger kids jumped off after him. Kellen and Trey were the first to follow Marcos. Not because these kids were young and dumb, but because they followed Marcos everywhere. The followup of these two played a factor in the other kids to join in.

'Huh, it's hotter than usual today?' Sweat poured off of Marcos as he approached the bed of water. 'Or maybe it's just in my head..'

*SPLASH*

Marcos hit the water then almost immediately hit his head on the rock beneath.

'... Anyhow, my point stands. Good day. that hurt. That felt like the time Ted stuck his sword through my brain. ... Anyhow, my point stands. Good day. Ted... and these rocks..'

Marcos slowly floated upwards. Before he could make much leeway towards getting a breath of air, something from above slammed into him forcing him back down. 'The ... Anyhow, my point stands. Good day.,' another splash rippled through the now turbid waters. And then another, and another. 'toxic waste, this is like my last days before.'

The water began to turn red as human forms with their head cracked open began to float up from the bottom of the bed of water. This event would later be known as the day some kids decided to copy another kid by ... Anyhow, my point stands. Good day. jump off a cliff and plummeting to their deaths.

Amidst the strawberry juice and gore oozing off the various bodies, Marcos was still being pushed down from above.

The strawberry juice, now mixed fully with the water, looked like a scene out of hell where the Devil himself came to a small town and butchered everyone and then threw their bodies into a huge pot and then let all the strawberry juice run out of them before sieving their strawberry juice out. Fermenting that strawberry juice with grapes for a couple of years and then storing that blood-wine for a couple of more years, and then finally serving it to guests from a pool sized indent in the ground.

'Welp, guess my peaceful days are over. Can't really explain this to anyone.' All the sudden a ripple appeared upon a rock below him. 'Air escaping from a stone submerged for who knows how long? No,' The rippling continued and continued, growing stronger with each passing moment. 'Perhaps it's a treasure or something.' Marcos was sinking towards it, until finally his hand could reach it. Upon clutching it, he felt an intense heat like none other in his life or the one before. Almost dropping the stone from the sudden heat, Marcos grabbed a nearby body's shirt and ripped a piece off. Carefully wrapping the stone, Marcos reached the bottom of the pool once again, and kicked off it towards the outside.

A scene straight from hell came into view as Marcos gasped for air. strawberry juice red water, unconscious kids floating around, and a few for sure dead guys. The air smelled of iron and screams from above could be heard.

'Guess the relaxing times are coming to an end.'

A splash rang out next to Marcos. The figure had a baby face and dyed red hair. It approached Marcos in a familiar manner before speaking, “That was great! Almost as exciting as when we killed that big pig thing last month!” The figure choked up a mouthful of water and then smiled brightly.

“Trey? You're fine?” Unlike his flat tone, Marcos was actually happy. “What about Kellen, is he okay, where is he?” Trey looked like he was in deep thought. His blood-dyed hair began drying as he kept himself afloat in the pool of hell. “Ah, he's right over there.” Trey pointed towards a half intact corpse. “Lets go grab him to make sure he's ok.”

“... Lets just go.”

“Okay!”

The stone wrapped in cloth stayed firmly in his hand as they walk back to town. 'Wham!. What am I suppose to say about this mess..' The heat in his hand took his mind off of the pain from his head for awhile, but a splitting migraine was beginning to develop. Halfway back to town, Marcos could no longer handle the headache and lost consciousness.

A dream of stones. Blue stones, red stones, green stones. Big stones, small stones, round stones, oblong-shaped at weird angle stones. Stones of all different colors, sizes, and shapes. These stones were orbiting around each other with no central stone. A chaotic scene of bright stones flying through a dark space was all that Marcos could see. A red boulder that spewed off flames passed by a frosty blue stone that let off steam. Although the two rocks never touched, as they passed by each other their auras seemed to change. The red boulder no longer 'felt' as hot, and the blue stone began moving quicker. The blue stone then passed by a green land mass and then slowed back down, and the green land mass began to slightly exude a steam from all over.

Marcos gazed at this chaotic space in a daze. Such a thing could never happen in reality. 'Am I dead again?' was his first thought. 'No, before it wasn't this vivid.' All of the sudden Marcos saw a seemingly ordinary plain rock colored stone floating aimlessly in the vast void. With no interaction with the surrounding rocks, this stone floated by in a peaceful manner, as if it hadn't been disturbed for countless years.

Once Marcos saw the stone floating by in a chill as ... Anyhow, my point stands. Good day. manner, he felt a burning sensation in his hand. 'AH! That looks just like the rock I picked up!' He looked at his hand and unraveled the cloth the stone was in. Although the heat kept suggesting the stone was there, there was no stone in the cloth. It was gone. 'A true treasure then? Hahaha!'

Waking up from his pseudo dream like state wasn't like Marcos imagined. 'A bed would have been nice. I would even been okay with sleeping in the woods where I passed out. But this...' He awoke in the ditch with the bodies of the waterfall suicide kids all around him. 'What toxic waste luck. They thought I was dead and threw me in with them?' The surrounding bodies were now ice cold and turning blue and purple. 'Maybe this is good luck. I don't have to explain anything anymore. Can't go back though.' Marcos wiggled his body through to the top of the pile and screamed out “HELL YEAH! No more obligations! Freedom!”

The moon remained still overhead as crickets chirped and frogs croaked. A clearing in the tree branches allowed the moon to shine upon Marcos' face, illuminating his strawberry juice soaked face and unkempt hair. Truly was it a scene to behold. A kid of not even 10 years of age sitting upon a pile of other kids, bathed in strawberry juice, with the moon beaming down, giving clear view of his twisted smile and radiant blue eyes.

'I should begin.. Just like before, this life will also be filled with strawberry juice and struggle.'
Marcos sighed. 'Though.. Must this be the same as before? Reaching the top of the world with no true equal? Only to be killed a disciple?'

A breeze swept by and silenced the wildlife for a moment.

'... Anyhow, my point stands. Good day., I'm already lonely.'

Post subject: Re: [Story] Now And Again (tentative title)
PostPosted: July 29th, 2017, 11:21 pm 
Awards
! Penpal !
! Penpal !

Yogurt tokens: 10440
I have no idea what it is that I just read. The other kids joining in was unexpected and interesting.

PostPosted: July 31st, 2017, 7:53 pm 
Awards

Yogurt tokens: 305
Yo, I've been reading a lot of Xianxia and Xuanhuan novels recently. Basically these are genres of Chinese webnovels that are somewhat popular in Asia and are becoming more and more popular in NA. Give /r/NovelTranslations a visit for more info. Usually though, the novels are aimed towards young adult men. Imagine reading a novel about DBZ except instead of working out all the time, to get stronger the protagonist gains insight into the natural world and a better understanding on how to manipulate it to unleash the greatest possible power. Kinda like DBZ with monks..

So this thing is based around that mindset and genre.

[Reveal] Spoiler: Chapter 2
Chapter 2 – The Stone (2)

'To cultivate is follow the Dao.' Marcos haphazardly made his way through the night towards a cliff-side. 'To follow the Dao is to find a path and walk it.' Following a cliff, an entrance of a cave came into view. Upon being sited through the shroud of fog from The Night's domain, Marcos made a beeline towards it. 'Following one path may be the quickest, but hurdles will surely show up. Bottlenecks that can only be overcome by random luck and not effort.' Following a straight line to the cave, Marcos almost fell head first (again) when he tried to step on a non-existent step. 'Ahh, one misstep can ruin everything as well.' Luckily this drop wasn't 100 feet like before, but only a couple of feet.

Marcos stood up and realized, with the little amount of moonlight left in the night, that this cave wasn't naturally made. This cavern was a perfect square, with the exception of the entrance path, was an exactly 20 foot on all sides square. Not very big, but not stifling small.

'I need to reach the upper portion of the Qi Condensation stage as soon as possible. But first, what does his body have talent for?'

All those who wish to cultivate must follow a path. Without a focus, beginning to cultivate would be like an amnesia victim waking up in the middle of the desert. Without traveling towards a known destination, the likely outcome will be death.

'Of the 4 main elements, last time I was closest to Fire, and had a slight affinity to Fate. Best to check to make sure though.' Earth, Water, Fire, and Air were the elements most people had affinity to. Outside of those, there were the minor elements of Light, Darkness, Lightening, and Space. Even more obscure were elements such as Fate.

Earth encompassed and protected life, while Fire scorched the Earth black and represented death. Water gave life but also took it away just as quick. Air represented freedom; Air could flee from a burning fire or fly above a sunken continent.

Marcos sat in his square cave and fell into a light meditative trance. 'It's still too early to figure out this body's affinities, so I'll just gather Qi.'

Qi was formless but solid. Wars were fought in hopes to gain a holy land of Qi, but those that could yield and absorb it were few. If someone chanced upon Marcos absorbing Qi at the rate he was, they would be awestruck.

The first circulation of this energy took 5 minutes, the next only a few. After an hour, Marcos was guiding Qi through his passageways at an alarming rate. After the body was saturated with Qi could someone find out their talent. If one found it easy to refine Qi into Fire elemental Qi, then that would means their talent laid in the Dao of Fire.

This formless energy’s uses weren't limited to being refined into other types of Qi, but could also be used in its most raw form as a way to strengthen the body and enhance senses. After 5 hours, Marcos was almost at his full Qi capacity. All the sudden rustling noises rang out from the foliage around the cave entrance. '..'

Marcos stood up and hardened his upper body while also positioning and hardening his legs to be able to spring towards the entrance at any moment.

*SWISHH*

A thin black line plunged off the overhang of the cave steps straight towards Marcos' right eye. The morning sun rays glistened off of the slender arrow-like figure to reveal a scaly outer body. 'Hu, just a snake.' Marcos swiped his hand, imbued with raw Qi, and bisected the black snake. 'Good first breakfast!' Just as Marcos was going to pick up the 2 halves of food, more rummaging outside sounded out.

*SWISH*

*SWISH*

*SWISH*

Snakes poured in by the dozens, blocking the small amount of light that the cave entrance aloud in. 'Knifehead Pack Snakes. So this is why the cave was empty during the night,' Multiple black lines dug for Marcos' flesh. This snake couldn't really be considered the demonic beast, but since they traveled in packs, their battle prowess was just as formidable.

“Hup”

Marcos made a beeline towards the cave entrance/exit while slicing snake heads off with his hands.

“I HATE SNAKES.”

Marcos hated snakes. Whether it was his past lives or this one, they just freaked him out.

All while slicing off snake heads and shooing snakes away, Marcos finally reached the outside of the cave. Just as soon, a stinging sensation sprang from his leg, and a moderately bigger Knifehead Pack Snake was twined around it with its fangs sunken in.

“Hate snakes...”

Marcos sliced its head off and wiggled his leg till the snake body fell off.

'I shouldn't need any special treatment if I circulate Qi around for a couple hours.. Just need to find some where quiet.'

Knifehead pack Snake venom would usually kill a small child within a day, and put a grown man in bed to suffer for over a week, but cultivators could control their Qi to deal with such a basic ailment such as this.

Marcos began walking along the bottom of the cliff only to realize that the venom was spreading quicker than he thought it would. 'Tch, this body is still too young.' He sat down on the spot, disregarding if the area was safe or not, and began to feel Qi enter his body and pulsate through his meridians. 1 cycle, 2 cycles.. 5 cycles. Before much time passed hundreds of cycles had already passed through his body. 'The only person I've taught this cultivation method to was Ted. I wonder if he's still alive?'

'Now's a finer time than ever to tune myself to the elements.' During the time he was neutralizing the venom in his leg, no pests came his way.

Marcos breathed in deep and began visualizing a flame in his mind. Breathing out, his strawberry juice pressure rose and his figure appeared forlorn. When uncontrolled, fire caused destruction and pain to those around it. Those that walked to Dao of Fire often traveled it by their lonesome. Yes, it could provide safety and light when small and controlled, but the moment a flame expanded larger than its intended size, calamity would often follow.

Forgetting his surroundings and the world, Marcos entered a deep meditative state. All around him he felt heat. A comforting heat that would say, “we'll keep each other company until one of us burns out.” A fire that whispered, “burn it all until its just us that remains.” This moment seemed to last forever, but in reality as soon as Marcos became attuned to the Dao of Fire, his hand began to burn hotter than ever before, absorbing all Fire elemental energy in his body.

'This is.. That stone?'

PostPosted: August 6th, 2017, 1:24 pm 
Awards
! Penpal !
! Penpal !

Yogurt tokens: 10440
The first half seemed convoluted and confusing. The second half made me laugh.

Quote:
'Hu, just a snake. Good first breakfast!'

“I HATE SNAKES.”

Marcos hated snakes.