Poster Message Extra info
 Post subject: ACE Character Designer
PostPosted: May 26th, 2013, 1:11 am 
Awards
! Penpal !
! Penpal !

Yogurt tokens: 10450
http://cloudflash.net/GpACECharDesigner.php

You may have to refresh or whatever if your version is not up to date. See the changelog below for the current version number.

This will be an ongoing work in progress, so I suppose I will make this thread here as the perma-thread for comments, suggestions, sharing creations, etc. There aren't a ton of options at the time of writing this, but there will be in due time. I'm currently working on getting things to function properly before I really start adding lots of options. Please report bugs or w/e that you find. Note that the lack of options or inability to choose a female character is not a bug, sand hat.

Attachment:
young VOLDAMOART!!!1.png

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post subject: Re: ACE Character Designer
PostPosted: May 26th, 2013, 7:03 am 
Awards
! Penpal !
! Penpal !

[+] Update ; [%] Change/fix ; [#] Known bug ; [?] Planned feature
[Reveal] Spoiler: 2013 progress
May 29, 2013 - v0.08
[+] First outerwear item added. Sleeves made selectable separately. I still have to add one more layer for the hood at the back, though.
[%] No more pose reset when you choose something different.
[#] If you have the left arm behind you and change your skin colour, half of the arm disappears. I'm currently stumped.
[#] Bottom half of that sleeve changes colours with wrong sleeve.
[#] Left sleeve (any pose) awkwardly refreshes sometimes when you change colours.

May 30, 2013 - v0.09
[+] Several nose options added.
[%] May 29 bugs fixed.
[%] Technical how unfortunate.

June 05, 2013 - v0.10
[+] New hairstyle, back hairstyle, undershirt, pants.
[+] Undershirt colour now selectable.

June 09, 2013 - v0.11
[+] Several head shapes added.
[+] T-shirt type sleeve added.
[+] 2 more baggy jeans added.
[+] "Remove all" button added. Instantly resets your character to nothing!
[#] The extra large chins get covered by outerwear. I currently have no intentions of fixing this.

June 14, 2013 - v0.12
[+] T-shirt options added, as well as selectable colours.

June 15, 2013 - v0.13
[%] Long hair should now connect to the main hair better on a front view.
[%] T-shirt reset was missing from reset button, fixed now.
[?] Third selectable hair category for front hair that hangs lower than ear level.
[?] Maybe fix June 09 bug after all...

November 28, 2013 - v0.14
[+] Third selectable hair category implemented, including "OVER" and "BELOW" options for custom layering. 5 options to start.
[+] New hairstyle options partially added.

November 29, 2013 - v0.15
[+] Partial hairstyles completed.
[+] New T-shirts added.
[+] New undershirts added.

November 30, 2013 - v0.16
[+] Secondary colour for T-shirts implemented.
[+] Socks implemented, as well as colour selection.

December 01, 2013 - v0.17
[+] 8 new hair length options added.
[%] Technical how unfortunate to make it easier to add new hairstyles.
[#] Layering issues with t-shirt (poofy dress shirt) vs. side view chin. Side view chin issue from June should definitely be fixed to solve all problems.
[#] Layering issues with long hair (main vs. behind). Perhaps add a layer to allow long main hair to override.

December 01, 2013 - v0.18
[+] Text save/load system implemented.
[+] Hats implemented, including main/secondary colour selection and cropping hairstyles so they don't poke through the hat. Kicking things off with 5 hat options.
[+] Plain white skin added.
[%] Fixed June's chin layering issue.
[%] Bunch of technical how unfortunate, including hair/hat alignment and changing skin colours to be efficient.

[#] -Loading doesn't really work!
[#] Issue with loading: side view nose cycles through skin colours for some reason. doesn't load skin colour.

December 02, 2013 - v0.19
[+] Shoes implemented with main/secondary colour. OVER/BELOW options for custom layering. 2 footwear items so far.
[+] 2 shortpants added.
[%] Skin loading bug fixed.
[%] Some minor code cleanup.

December XX, 2013 - v0.20
[+] 3 new short options for rear hair to complete short hairstyles!
[+] 2 new main hair options.
[+] 1 new hanging hair option.
[+] 4 new outerwear options.
[%] Changed "hair (back)" and "hair (side)" to "hair (length)" and "hair (hanging)" respectively.
[%] Changed some existing hairstyles to make them more compatible with other options, split some into 'hanging' hair and some into hair 'length'.
[%] Technical how unfortunate, fixing alignment issues so I can add new hairstyles more easily.

[+] Update ; [%] Change/fix ; [#] Known bug ; [?] Planned feature

[Reveal] Spoiler: 2014 progress
April 29, 2014 - v0.21
[+] Underwear implemented with 2 options.
[+] Face accessories implemented with 2 eyewear items and 21 scars.
[+] 1 new main hair option.
[+] 2 new hanging hair options.
[%] Changed main hair icons in menu to show larger pictures.
[#] Issue with footwear secondary colours due to OVER/BELOW option. If you load a save and then toggle OVER/BELOW, the secondary colour might change or become a disco party.
[#] Face accessory not set to save or load yet.

May 03, 2014 - v0.22
[+] Mouths implemented with 19 options.
[+] Hat shadow option implemented with 10 degrees of shadiness.
[+] 2 new sleeves.
[%] Modified the long straight hair options to connect to the head more smoothly. They looked kinda how unfortunate before.
[%] Modified tops to round more smoothly at the right so sleeves look a little better.
[#] Mouth not set to save/load yet.
[#] "Wally" mouth is incorrect skin colour on side view. Will implement side view lips (automatic) later.

May 03, 2014 - v0.23
[+] 3 new socks.
[+] Belts implemented with 6 options, secondary colours, and an OVER/BETWEEN/BELOW switch.
[%] Cleaned up some obsolete code, resulting in a few KB shaved off the file size.
[%] Fixed footwear colour bug from v0.21.
[%] 2013 changelog modified to use new legend ([+] Update ; [%] Change/fix ; [#] Known bug ; [?] Planned feature).
[#] Save/load hasn't been updated since 2013 - all newer implementations won't save/load.
[?] Raised hand needs to be redrawn - the angle of it is artistically incorrect.
[?] Thinking of alternate palette option, namely for metallic colours.

May 04, 2014 - v0.24
[+] 4 new footwear.
[+] 1 new main hair.
[+] 1 new top.
[+] 5 new bottoms.
[+] 1 complete and 1 partial new sleeve.
[+] Implemented secondary colour for bottoms.
[%] Made the craniums a bit wider so they fit hats better even without hair.
[%] Removing some obsolete code.
[#] Side view of main hairstyle #8 has old hanging hair that should be removed.
[#] Hat shadow doesn't reset when you remove all.
[#] Torn t-shirt sleeve (left) reveals a little skin on alternate arm positions.

May 17, 2014 - v0.25
[+] 1 new sleeve.
[+] 3 new outerwear.
[+] 3 new footwear.
[%] Fixed all issues from v0.24.
[%] Adjusted hat shadow to match new head size.
[%] Made "left" arm cut off at the exact same spot on all 3 positions and made it smoothly look like it could be sleeveless.
[%] Modified outerwear to have universal cut off so it doesn't intrude on sleeve space.
[%] Made left t-shirt sleeve less invasive.
[?] Thinking about removing base from the main hair options, basically leaving only the bangs. The base should either be:
a) universal so hair length options all attach smoothly
b) included in hair length to the same effect, but would allow more details since the two segments would be united.
In any case, base hair should be on a layer as low as the hair length to prevent overlapping issues with hanging hair (under).
[?] Thinking about changing suspenders from "outerwear" to "belts", and thinking of allowing 2 belts at once.

May 18, 2014 - v0.26
[+] GUI overhaul with "skull" theme by default. Will add more themes later. Note that this one isn't 100% done yet.
[+] Added a background image behind the character.
[+] Added a hilarious randomizing button. Use at your own risk!
[%] Removed "hair accessory" colour option. Will re-implement when it actually does something.

October 22, 2014 - v0.27
[+] Added "star" GUI theme, though some parts are a little incomplete.
[+] Added tabbed browsing with hairstyles, basic face options, accessories, and sleeves for easier access.
[+] Implemented "base" hair idea from May 17. Simplified options to make it hassle free for users.
[+] 4 new belts.
[+] 1 new outerwear.
[%] Modified some hairstyles to make them fit the "normal" base hair smoothly.
[%] Separated the "Cloud Strife" hair. Part of it is now "hanging" hair.
[%] Aligned colour options to GUI better.
[%] Changed suspenders from "outerwear" to "belt". Modified it a bit and added a secondary colour.
[?] Still planning to allow two belts at once.

October 23, 2014 - v0.28
[+] Implemented eye selection with 32 eye options.
[+] Implemented right accessory with secondary colour. 3 options to start things off.
[%] Changed raised right arm/hand to make it artistically correct. Also changed all sleeves to match new arm shape.
[%] Adjusted noses to make them a little less flat.
[%] Adjusted head shape jaws to also make them less flat.
[%] Adjusted some mouths in regards to the flatness issue.
[%] Also adjusted the beards, this better be the last Wham! face adjustment!
[#] Issues with right accessory layering. Most likely need a third layer at the very bottom. For example, the bow's string doesn't go behind sleeves on the default pose and if both arms are behind the back, the bow sticks through the left arm. What a pain in the hat.

October 26, 2014 - v0.29
[+] Implemented eyebrow selection with 32 eyebrow options. Over/below option included (in relation to hair).
[+] Added secondary colour for outerwear.
[+] 3 new outerwear.
[+] 6 new hats.
[+] Implemented glove selection with 7 glove options. Secondary colour and separate hands included.
[+] Implemented sub-glove selection with 7 options. Separate hands included.
[%] Modified some existing outerwear to make it cover baggy shirts better.
[%] Simplified rear arm template/coding a bit.
[%] Swapped the belt and glove buttons on the interface. Seems more convenient for gloves to be close to sleeves.
[%] Messed with Azpire's and my posts so that the changelog is the second post in this topic.

November 04, 2014 - v0.30
[+] Implemented secondary belt selection (allows 2 different belts to be worn at the same time).
[+] Implemented secondary face item selection.
[+] Implemented secondary and... third...ary... mimecraft (I knew the mimes would come for us!!!) details (male) selection.
[+] Made secondary selections more user friendly with nicer looking buttons and a little selector thing showing which items you have equipped. This applies to hanging hair, face item, mimecraft (I knew the mimes would come for us!!!) details (male), and belts.
[+] Added a toxic waste of mimecraft (I knew the mimes would come for us!!!) hair (for men) -- SEVENTY-TWO NEW OPTIONS.
[+] Implemented the "seamless beard simulator". When used correctly, it allows you to attach general mimecraft (I knew the mimes would come for us!!!) hair to beards in a fairly seamless manner!
[+] 6 new main hairstyles.
[+] 9 new hair length options.
[+] 4 new hanging hair options.
[%] Secondary selector buttons recycled to make "over/below" toggles look nicer. This affects eyebrows and footwear.
[%] Changed the way hair length layering works. Before, I had a chunk of the long hair overlap your main hair. Since I implemented "base hair" on Oct. 22, there is no longer any "main hair" that sticks out the back. That being the case, there's nothing to cover anymore. The overlapping chunk was ruining "hanging hair" selections and making some "main hair" look awkward. With my change, hair length won't ruin anything with overlap anymore!
[%] Changed side views of long hair options to make them look better (the hair by the neck now looks long instead of shaven).

December 31, 2014 - v0.31
[+] Implemented alternate palette option for everything! There are now 38 colours to choose from instead of 20.
[+] Implemented customizable random options. If you like part of a design and aren't sure what to do with the rest, this could be just what you need.
[+] Implemented hat decor with 10 options. Note that not everything works with every hat.
[+] Implemented "rear" hat layer. Allows part of the hat to appear behind the character, such as the backing of a hood.
[+] 16 new hats.
[+] 6 new main hairstyles.
[+] 2 new hanging hairstyles.
[+] 6 new hair lengths.
[+] 8 new tops.
[+] 8 new bottoms.
[+] 3 new underwear.
[+] 6 new footwear.
[+] 8 new face items.
[+] 5 new accessories (right).
[%] Re-did hair cropping with hats. Now characters can wear hoods without their hair being screwed up.
[%] Fixed right accessory layering issue from October 23.
[%] Text save/load works again.
[?] Thinking about masks... Face items currently don't allow colours. Should probably allow colours, I guess. Need a skin tight turtleneck solution, most likely right at the base character.
[?] Planning sub-sleeves.

[Reveal] Spoiler: 2015 progress
None yet!

PostPosted: May 26th, 2013, 3:59 pm 
Awards
I have a dream
I have a dream

Yogurt tokens: 5625
So far I have discovered..
Hair (back); 1st row end square + all of 2nd row give the character the 'long hair option' (all blank squares)
Hair (main); 2nd first three blank squares gives the 'long fringe' option, 2nd row end three blank squares gives the 'high fringe' option, there are no option for '/' hair
Face; All squares have no pictures, all but the 1st square have the same option 'for a long nose'
Bottom; Pictures on squares do not match the options they're connected with
Skin; option 3 and 4 are so minute in difference I don't think it's worth it, you should take 1 of them away and just have two rows for skin colour options
Accessory; The colours change the hair but I can see it's not actually done

As I said here; viewtopic.php?p=23627#p23627
I'm looking forward to the end result!!

PostPosted: May 27th, 2013, 3:18 am 
Awards
! Penpal !
! Penpal !

Ya, most of those are just kinda placeholders. They're coded using the same code as the previous button, thus having the same effect as the previous button. When I make more options, I'll only have to change a number in the code to have it identify with a new option. I do have to get around to making nose pictures for the buttons, I kinda forgot about that. Perhaps next time I work on it I'll give a few more nose options so there's some variety, too.

I think I should be able to make it so it doesn't reset you to the default stance when you pick stuff, too. I wasn't sure how to before, but thinking of the nose thing now made me think of a way. ty

@Hair [/] : mm I better add that before it becomes a real hassle to shift everything over by one place.
@Bottoms: They do match, don't they?? Just the colours don't. I thought it'd look a little boring and indistinct if I made them all white (that's the default colour I chose for all clothes). The small pictures on the buttons don't give you a great idea of what you'll be selecting, so I thought colours might help (aka blue = blue jeans).
@Skin: Yeah, those are pretty minute differences... but I think I'll keep them, anyway. Their lightness/darkness look the same, but they're different colours 4 different races or w/e, or you might just want that level of tan with or without the skin being pinkish. I'm thinking to leave some extra space for skins so I can add a few more options later on, such as scaly lizard skin, or maybe some modified normal skins... like one with a hairy body or one with scars all over. I'd probably only add those for one white and one tan skin instead of for every colour, though.

PostPosted: May 29th, 2013, 2:00 am 
Awards
I have a dream
I have a dream

Yogurt tokens: 5625
Ohgod @ lizard skin..

I see what you're saying about the placeholders. I thought it was your doing but hey just pointing out what I find!

Here have an /overlycomplicatedcode suitable in two ways..

PostPosted: December 3rd, 2013, 12:18 am 
Awards
! Penpal !
! Penpal !

Makeshift Cloud Strife:
[Reveal] Spoiler:
Code:
0,1,4,10,1,1,1,1,1,12,3,1,1,1,2,0,0,0,0,0,2,1,1,3,1,5,6,2,1,3,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,8,5,5,1,3,8,18,1,7,8,7,8

Cloud Strife - the friendly neighbourhood mechanic:
[Reveal] Spoiler:
Code:
0,2,4,10,1,1,1,1,1,12,4,1,1,2,1,0,0,0,0,0,2,4,4,2,2,5,6,2,2,2,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,2,3,3,1,2,2,16,3,1,5,7,8

PostPosted: December 3rd, 2013, 5:41 pm 
Awards
An Improved Society's #1 fan and interpreter
An Improved Society's #1 fan and interpreter

Yogurt tokens: 13115
I enjoyed attempting to make Kaiji.
the save/load feature is pretty useful. Maybe some sort of save to picture file feature?

Code:
0,6,8,11,4,1,1,10,1,5,11,1,1,1,1,0,0,0,0,0,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,2,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,5,15,1,1,5,5,16,4,1,1,1,1

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: December 3rd, 2013, 9:03 pm 
Awards
! Penpal !
! Penpal !

skutieos wrote:
I enjoyed attempting to make Kaiji.
the save/load feature is pretty useful. Maybe some sort of save to picture file feature?

Code:
0,6,8,11,4,1,1,10,1,5,11,1,1,1,1,0,0,0,0,0,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,2,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,5,15,1,1,5,5,16,4,1,1,1,1

lolirl, well done. I'm planning to add stuff to make your Kaiji effort more fruitful eventually.

I did look into a save to picture feature and I plan to try and implement it. The text save seemed simple enough for me to be able to actually code it myself, so I did /WOF . It's also good since you can load it up and continue working on that same character for times to come. Our current text saves are gonna become obsolete since they don't account for all future options/colours, though.

PostPosted: May 4th, 2014, 5:16 am 
Awards
! Penpal !
! Penpal !

I made some random doods. The customization is starting to get worthwhile.