Cloudflash History n' Stuff
View and comment on Cloudflash's updates/news.
Danno
! Penpal !
! Penpal !

Cloudflash History n' Stuff

Post by Danno »

I've been quietly updating a few things lately. I've finally replaced my placeholder avatar with a new one - I've been using the placeholder since starting this redesign in November 2019. Ah, it's nice to have a more full avatar not encased in a little box. I updated the site navigation font to look nicer and be more clickable. Various fonts on the forum have been updated to be more readable or consistent with the rest of the site, though I still have work to do on that front. I got rid of the old "red sword" favicon for the site, opting for a big ol' "C" instead.

A couple of comics have been ninja edited. One such comic is #26, "Food Items"; the RPG menus originally had black borders and black text, but I changed them to white to more accurately reflect real RPGs. #95, "Giant Woman", has also been updated a little. The giant was originally naked (in an undetailed way), but that was just me being pretentious in 2009. Back in those days, PBF Comics was still new and exciting to me. PBF had non-descript characters drawn nude, so I imitated them. Anyway, I felt a little embarrassed about that, as well as the poorly drawn body proportions/pose, so I changed it. I improved the backgrounds slightly while I was at it. I intend to update a few more old comics at some point when I have some time.

Lastly, I brought back Cloudflash's history/news post archives! There used to be a "History" button as part of the site's main navigation, but I decided to tuck it away in the Misc section, back from whence it came! The old History pages used to use the exact code from old versions of Cloudflash, regardless of how messy it looked. There was also a ton of broken links to old Photobucket accounts and such. I didn't want to have sloppy/obsolete code on my pages, so I updated them to fit the modern layout. For some general Anchors aweigh! and to spice the page up a bit, I faithfully recreated old versions of Cloudflash using my old files, took a screenshot, and included the screenshots on the History page. As I went through every old news post, I also fixed up the dead links (so when an update post referenced a comic, I pointed it to the new URL). It took quite a while to get through Cloudflash's archives, especially when I used to make announcements multiple times per month in the 2000s! Well, anyway, it's done now.
And it was finally my turn to be given the test. The teacher handed me a couple papers with material on "life". I remember thinking, "is this the final test?"
-Honor