Retiring Blue Borders
View and comment on Cloudflash's updates/news.
Danno
! Penpal !
! Penpal !

Retiring Blue Borders

Post by Danno »

In the year 2008, I tried to make my comics look a little nicer and more uniform. I created a basic template for Cloudflash Mix comics, which consisted of consistent information - titles, dates, credits, and numbering. That part was fine, but Cloudflash had a horrible blue eyesore of a layout and I decided to give the comics a horrible blue layout to somewhat match! Having not read many webcomics besides Ctrl+Alt+Del at that point in my life, I also defaulted to having 4 panels in every comic. It took about a full year for me to finally deviate from that setup, but the damage was already done to 83 comics in a row.

4 panel comics can be fine, but that restriction kinda messed with the flow of my comics at times or just made them not as interesting to look at. I was also kinda too lazy to draw more than 4 panels in a comic most of the time, so defaulting to 4 panels was just simpler to deal with.

Anyway, tl;dr, I think it's time to retire the blue borders on C-Mix. I changed some of the most recent comics to have white borders instead, now I'm posting new ones with white borders. In some cases, I've even opted to not have an outline around each panel in a comic, or I at least made the outline more subtle. I'm a bit on the fence about that one. I posted C-Mix #299 a little early.
And it was finally my turn to be given the test. The teacher handed me a couple papers with material on "life". I remember thinking, "is this the final test?"
-Honor