All times are UTC - 6 hours

Poster Message Extra info
 Post subject: The Non-Adventures of a Guy Who Never Creates Things
PostPosted: September 17th, 2015, 3:14 am 
Awards
! Penpal !
! Penpal !

Yogurt tokens: 10920
It took a few days of work, but I finally finished my first YouTube video. Since "Danno" is obviously already taken on YouTube, I decided to call myself "Danno Trigger". See, it works 'cause it sounds like "Chrono Trigger", one of my favourite games of all time. I also imitated the Chrono Trigger logo so that people will think I'm cool. My first video criticizes Pokemon Go, a smartphone app to be released next year. I intend to make more videos related to gaming. I'll write lyrics for video game music I like, review games, comment on things like game characters, make YouTube defecation, and perhaps post things I consider funny. The hook is that rather than posting a video recording of myself when I talk, I'll post an animated version of myself.

I dunno if I should bother fusing my future YouTube videos with Cloudflash. I mean, if anyone wanted to see my YouTube videos, they'd just go to YouTube, right? I've been thinking about removing some of my past works, actually. I'm pretty ashamed by how how unfortunate a lot of it is. We all know almost all of my animations and games are junk. A lot of my comics are pretty lame, too, though I feel more inclined to keep those up, I guess. When I think about redesigning Cloudflash, I'm halted by questions like "What should I get rid of?" I need to have a plan so that the navigation can be organized and useful, after all. I should probably get rid of the "Downloads" section of the site, that was a pretty half-baked idea from the get-go.

To the 5 or 6 people who actually visit this website, what do you think?

Post subject: Re: The Non-Adventures of a Guy Who Never Creates Things
PostPosted: September 17th, 2015, 5:13 am 
Awards
Realizing realizations
Realizing realizations

Yogurt tokens: 700
I think you don't look particularly healthy.

PostPosted: September 17th, 2015, 7:14 pm 
Awards
! your foggot !
! your foggot !

Yogurt tokens: 6015
For your first vid in this style, this is really good. I liked your use of Dannomation™ as opposed to just looking at pics while you were talking, or something else. The humor was really hilarious as well, (pokemon costumes, brock obama, and 'turns game off when he's losing' were my favorites)

The only criticism I have is that the video does look admittedly a little "amateur", particularly just the intro sequence. It looks like you picked a window's default text, which most other (I guess the word I'm looking for is) established channels use a custom font, usually from dafont.com or w/e. The pendulum isn't smoothly animated either, but I can imagine that's pretty dang hard to do so I'll cut u some slack. These sorts of things are perfectly acceptable tho, obviously they get the point across just fine; it's just a matter of whether or not you want to, for lack of a better word, compete w/ people that do higher quality intros and stuff. I'm personally all for breaking the norm of youtube with its oversaturated userbase all copying each other essentially with how their content is displayed, but it's a trend that will be unlikely to stop any time soon if you're ever looking to get a moderately high audience.

as for the actual content of the video - couldn't agree with you more. i think it will be exactly what u said down to the last word.

but ya, this was a really gr8 video imo. i'll subsc9be just bc u asked me 2 at the end. I hope you make more, n if you ever want a special guest, i'd be happy to collab. looks like it'd be fun

PostPosted: September 17th, 2015, 10:57 pm 
Awards
! Penpal !
! Penpal !

ya the pendulum swinging was a bit of an afterthought. Maybe I'll make it look cooler (afterimages + better swinging) and have sound fx next time especially 4 u. I don't wanna have a long hat intro (w/ theme song) like some people do, though. It was tricky cramming a pendulum swing+stop into a short title screen - probably not a gr8 idea. um and ya I used some really generic font. idk custom fonts, I guess I'll look in2 it.

idk how we wud collab but I'll keep it in m8nd.

PostPosted: September 18th, 2015, 1:46 am 
Awards
! your foggot !
! your foggot !

Yogurt tokens: 6015
write script together, I do VO and send u the results for you to splice in to the vid. pretty simple duh!!!!

PostPosted: September 18th, 2015, 1:23 pm 
Awards
! Penpal !
! Penpal !

omg its not n8 tr8gg3r!!!!!!!!!!

ya mabe, we'll need to think of something where it works better 2 have 2 p2ople inst2ad of 1.
speakin of splicin, idk if I should splice clips from Flash into a proper video editor if I should attempt to use Flash as my 1 source to assemble videos since I'm familiar with it and stuff.

PostPosted: September 19th, 2015, 9:58 am 
Awards
An Improved Society's #1 fan and interpreter
An Improved Society's #1 fan and interpreter

Yogurt tokens: 13125
I think your the sky is not falling is pretty accurate. I was in school when the promo video was released and I watched it with my friends. I told them the following: "you'll probably buy it, walk around outside for about 10 minutes, say 'it's too hot/cold outside' and then go back to your house and play real pokemon" and they seemed to disagree. after watching your video I feel like I can make a good argument against the game to those people. It's also worth noting that there are already mobile games that accomplish the same thing. My brother plays this game in which two factions fight for control of territory by going to it in real life and collecting some sort of item/battling some sort of something or other. I don't remember the specifics but how is that not exactly the same thing with a different premise? Of course this game is getting hype just because it's pokemon related.

PostPosted: September 19th, 2015, 1:30 pm 
Awards
! Penpal !
! Penpal !

The thing you're referring to is probably Ingress - the developers of which are also working on Pokemon Go. Not that I know anything about Ingress besides what articles about Pokemon Go have told me. Controlling territories and treating the world as a playground (I imagine psychological battles and cyber terrorist warfare involved) sounds way cooler than walking through a back alley, tapping a button to catch a Grimer, then having your $400 smartphone mugged. I'd especially hate to go out in -30'C weather and attempt to operate my phone with numb, dangerously cold fingers.

This game has some incredible hype, though. Nearly 15 million views on YouTube. How can people be so naive? People will probably get bored of it within a couple weeks. I just can't imagine that many people going out for walks alone to random places. Well, I assume alone. Would it tell all players within a certain region to go to a specific meeting point to catch a Pikachu, or would everyone detect a different Pokemon in a different area? It would be pretty lame if someone caught the Pikachu and it was still "there" for everyone, as if that location is just a Pikachu spawn point. It would also be lame if everyone was heading there for nothing because someone just caught it! It's lose-lose!

PostPosted: September 19th, 2015, 3:07 pm 
Awards
Realizing realizations
Realizing realizations

Yogurt tokens: 700
the thrill of survival is apart of what makes adventures exciting. who knows what may kill you? death at every turn. real people have real adventures. if you aren't on an adventure, how else do you expect to catch em' all? also how are you a person?

PostPosted: September 20th, 2015, 2:23 am 
Awards
The addict rank at 760 is a joke
The addict rank at 760 is a joke

Yogurt tokens: 5865
Well my input won't be much and CBF reading what anyone else wrote. I enjoyed it, made me lolirl.