All times are UTC - 6 hours

Poster Message Extra info
 Post subject: Setting some vague goals
PostPosted: January 12th, 2017, 5:05 am 
Awards
! Penpal !
! Penpal !

Yogurt tokens: 10440
I dunno how much time and/or motivation I'll have throughout this year. As always, there are many things I hope to achieve, both online and offline; however, it's unlikely I'll be able to get everything done. I've been slacking greatly over the past couple months, playing games and having fun in my free time instead of doing something productive. Is it so wrong to relax when I am not required to work? When I've got so many projects on my plate, I suppose the answer is yes. Yes, it is wrong to have fun.

Anyway, I haven't been doing anything on the ol' MMO project, but I was working on some writing for something else I'm working on. I just wasn't feeling up to working on MMO graphics. I find my motivation decreases when I work on things that can't be used immediately. It's hard to build upon things when my initial work can't be tested out. That is, if I create something and I'm not sure if the quality is satisfactory, I can't work on anything related to it since it'll have a snowball effect. The only way to know if my work is up to par is if I can see it in action; I need to see it from different angles, on different backgrounds, placed in close proximity to other work of varying colours, etc. Without being able to test it out, it's hard to make the proper adjustments and completely finalize the work, allowing me to move on to the next part.

I'm capable of testing out my own work, but it's a rather tedious and time-consuming process. On some occasions, half of the time I spend working on something might be wasted on setting things up to test it out. I got a bit burnt out on all that. It's been a while, though; I think that in the near future, I'll be able to have at it again. I started working on some more concept art very recently. After I have my fun with that, I'll probably get back to the pixels.

So, I suppose here's a list of my realistic goals for the year. Might as well have something specific to refer back to in future posts so I can be like, "Yeesh, I really let myself down. I better get at least 1 or 2 things done from my list."

1. Finish renovating house (hopefully). This'll take all my time and money when the time is right.

2. Create attack animations, sitting poses, and whatever other basic things are needed for the character sprite. Also finish making female version. Create at least 5 outfits with complete sprite sheets.

3. Redesign this website.

4. Make at least 15 new C-Mix comics. Ideally make it to 300 comics total, though.

5. Finish my secret writing project.

Hopefully we'll be online this year. That's all the time we have for now. Thank you and good night.