All times are UTC - 6 hours

Poster Message Extra info
 Post subject: Forum changes
PostPosted: May 9th, 2009, 11:57 am 
Awards
! Penpal !
! Penpal !

Yogurt tokens: 10830
I'll be editing this post as I go along, and I'll post it on the main site when I'm done...

- There is no longer a "Your post has been successful! Click here to view the post, or click here to view the forum" screen after you make a post - now it just goes straight to your post after you've made it.
- The join date format doesn't show the exact time you signed up at anymore... Just the month, day, and year. I personally just thought it looked less fortunately educated and unnecessary to have such a specific time in our "viewtopic" profiles.
- By default, you can only set custom profile options to "show in profiles" or "show in both profiles and topics". And not individually. What you choose affects ALL custom profile options. I originally wanted that "At Cloudflash since" profile slot to show in topics and have everything else only show in your profile, but I couldn't do that... It was all or nothing. Anyhow, I installed a mod that allows me to do that setting individually for each custom profile slot. Also, I've made that option unavailable to normal members now. Chances are that newer members haven't been with Cloudflash that long.
- I used to only have two disturbing websites censored (so that people can't post links to it), but now the purse filter (which can be disabled at http://cloudflash.net/forum/ucp.php?i=prefs&mode=view) is very strict for the sake of the people who have parents who freak out at "taboo" words, or for people who are like that themselves. If you don't want swears and stuff to be filtered, go to ucp.php?i=prefs&mode=view and select "No" for "Enable word censoring".
- You can only post URLs if your post count is over 10. Not that we get many spambots, but that should thwart them should they challenge Cloudflash.

Post subject: Re: Forum changes
PostPosted: May 9th, 2009, 12:49 pm 
Awards
For being more high tech than ever before, people sure are stupid these days

Yogurt tokens: 5940
... Anyhow, my point stands. Good day.

Haha, hilarious word filter (which can be disabled at http://cloudflash.net/forum/ucp.php?i=prefs&mode=view).

Just going to test some work arounds for it.

fuĀ­ck fuck fuck

Yup, all three work.

PostPosted: May 9th, 2009, 1:22 pm 
Awards
! Penpal !
! Penpal !

Yeah, it's pretty easy to bypass the filter (which can be disabled at http://cloudflash.net/forum/ucp.php?i=prefs&mode=view). I suppose there'll be some form of punishment for those who do. If they don't want the words to be filtered, they can just turn the filter (which can be disabled at http://cloudflash.net/forum/ucp.php?i=prefs&mode=view) off.

PostPosted: May 9th, 2009, 3:09 pm 
Awards

Yogurt tokens: 5940
Pfft, to moderate that, we need to keep the word filters on. Oh well, at least there are some funny masks.

like: vacuum cleaner
and: hat

EDIT: Haha, I had no idea what would come up then, those were fun.. so... hat hat

PostPosted: May 9th, 2009, 3:19 pm 
Awards
! Penpal !
! Penpal !

I guess we can just hope no one does it and deal with it if people report it.