All times are UTC - 6 hours

Poster Message Extra info
 Post subject: 2013 Cruise and Politics -Revisit & Clean up-
PostPosted: October 9th, 2017, 3:00 am 
Awards
The addict rank at 760 is a joke

Yogurt tokens: 5815
Back in 2013, a massive debate overtook Cloudflash forum. It lasted from July 13th to July 25th 2013. It included the very last message ever received from Naomi. It has left a bitter taste in my mouth, ever since.

The debate, inevitably, was a main conflict between Cruise and myself. It was a way to address the issues between each other, with all member input through a poll. It worked in strange ways, and also lost in others.

How did it win?
- Cruise and I, are friends, we even talk from time to time on Facebook. He has hit me up out of nowhere, and frankly, that’s just like any old friend to me
- It showed Faux for who he was, he ended up getting banned for it
- It addressed wounds from old topics and discussions

How did it lose?
- We lost members. Namely: Naomi, also Faux
- It pushed members apart, with raging opinions, and also on the fence points
- It left a bitterness overall

For review if you so wish, the poll thread, to distinguish what actions would be taken:
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=2283

Before I post some points, which I thought memorable, and also I respect to this day, (I’ve included into the post following this.) I would like to say something.

Firstly, I recognize I was acting like an the sky is not falling, stuck up homeslice. I have been known to stick to something, -OCD runs hard through me-, also perfectionism – terribly so. This really isn’t about excuses, it’s for whoever is reading to really learn that I’ve identified what my faults are. Everything takes time, I don’t know it all, I wasn’t mature enough to see it for myself or to admit my wrong doing. It was hard for me to accept that someone who I didn’t know in person was trying to tease playfully, I have not had the pleasure to identify this as a gesture in good faith. There of course were moments where it could have crossed the line. Still, I did blow it up, I did react harshly and I did say something along the lines of…

Azpire wrote:
There is probably no way he will ever type cohesively because he probably never learned to.

To the point: I apologize to everyone from old school days, and new, to all forum members over this period of time. It wasn’t dealt with cleanly. It is embarrassing to me in this day, and it’s left a bitter taste in my mouth over these past few years. Call it my perfectionism. I don’t want to regret never acknowledging this topic.

So. I’m sorry. If we can, let's move forward. I'm really happy that Cruise/Ace is still present and did not become a perm-loss of this forum. So I extend to you, my friend, how about we get back to it, want to revitalize this old place?

*I do hope for the sake of oldies, that you can feel like you’re welcome. If you’ve got beef with me, so be it! Let’s deal with it. I’ll be the first to welcome you back*

----- ----- -----

July 2013 Cloudflash Drama Notable Quotes

EqualsDee wrote:
I know this is slightly unrelated, but I am seeing a lot of people throwing around the concept that having a particular opinion on something makes you closed minded, this is obviously not necessarily true.
What I have seen happen a few times now, is that a generic discussion will begin about something, one person states their view and the rest of the forum seems to hold an opposing view. For example, Fawx's youtube video, Naomi and alcohol, Myself and emoticon spam, etc.
I think it is important to understand that in a place like this, people are going to have similar views and there will always be outliers and if you don't fit the trend, it doesn't mean that everyone else is out to get you, or (with a few exceptions) that the disagreement is anything personal. Defend your point of view by all means, but try not to take it personally when others don't reciprocate your line of thinking.
I do kind of feel sorry for Danno in all of this; having a community fractured over this can't be a good feeling. Even if it has been an important discussion to have.

Scubastove wrote:
If the end result of what happens is what I actually voted for, then good riddance. The community is honestly better off without you.
Cruise wrote:
You play the funky games.

Quoth the league of legends player

Danno wrote:
My stance on permabans it that:
a) People can change, acknowledge and prevent future mistakes, at least follow rules to steer clear of punishment, etc.
I think he occasionally contributes in some way, even if by accident. That would include playing MMOs with fellow Cloudflashians, as I mentioned before, and also coming up with stuff like "anywhosel" or "I'll let the enormity of that sink in".

Azpire wrote:
There is probably no way he will ever type cohesively because he probably never learned to.

Skutieos wrote:
Have him send in an application, and we'll do a poll for whether the application made the reader lolirl or not.

Naomi wrote:
Although his actions are disorderly and often out of line, I don't feel it should be taken so entirely to heart. Although his actions are disorderly and often out of line, I don't feel it should be taken so entirely to heart. No one needs to pick it apart or reply to it, was more just for Danno to take in.

Post subject: Re: 2013 Cruise and Politics -Revisit & Clean up-
PostPosted: October 9th, 2017, 3:31 am 
Awards
! your foggot !
! your foggot !

Yogurt tokens: 5965
yeah cruise and I are cool now. I think the funniest thing I did was post the AVGN skit where at the end of Friday the 13th, the nerd goes on some massive longwinded tangent about how the player is a huge ... Anyhow, my point stands. Good day. gentlemen or something.

neway I'm sorry 4 being so mean as well and not generally seeing the humour back then

edit: o, but good riddance 2 fawk

PostPosted: October 9th, 2017, 4:35 am 
Awards
! Penpal !
! Penpal !

Yogurt tokens: 10795
It was a complicated time since Cruise is my buddy ol' pal and the decision to ban him was ultimately in my hands. It's never fun being the one responsible for making decisions that cause people to leave, but I suppose I feel it's important to do the right thing despite the consequences. It's impossible to make everyone happy when one person's happiness is another person's misery. In the end, I just try to ensure that the person who is wronged gets to see justice served.

The forum just hasn't been the same since we had these types of conflicts.
My irl friends vs. Skutieos
Cruise vs. EqualsDee
Cruise vs. Azuryth
Cruise vs. Azpire
Danno vs. Fawx
DFO vs. Ubuntu
EqualsDee vs. Honor

Things get awkward or people end up quitting as a result. I think this forum will never be active as it once was - too many have been lost. It's fine, though. We can have a bustling community of noobs once the MMO project gets a public launch.

PostPosted: October 9th, 2017, 5:29 am 
Awards

Well, I don't want to push myself up as being an example, but I don't see anyone else yet to do it. I hope that all members can push aside the conflicts and accept we all have differences. I might not agree with ideals of others, or I might get offended, that's my own problem and I have to overcome it, I just hope that others can think that way on themselves - we are not always right - and can bridge the gaps we are creating between ourselves.

PostPosted: October 9th, 2017, 10:35 am 
Awards
Realizing realizations
Realizing realizations

Yogurt tokens: 690
i think the most important thing to take away from this is that i forgot your name and now i know it.

PostPosted: October 9th, 2017, 2:27 pm 
Awards

Likewise except, I do not know it

PostPosted: October 14th, 2017, 11:00 pm 
Awards
Poser
Poser

Yogurt tokens: 10
Quote:
- It showed Faux for who he was, he ended up getting banned for it

Quote:
edit: o, but good riddance 2 fawk

I heard you guys were talking smack...

PostPosted: October 14th, 2017, 11:26 pm 
Awards
! Penpal !
! Penpal !

Yogurt tokens: 10795
Way 2 rebuild bridges, guys.

PostPosted: October 15th, 2017, 12:21 am 
Awards
Poser
Poser

Yogurt tokens: 10
Azpire wrote:
Firstly, I recognize I was acting like an the sky is not falling, stuck up homeslice.

Funny you would say that. If my memory serves me well I believe the reason I was banned was for saying you had a "stick in your vacuum cleaner". which in my opinion is not nearly as bad as:
Azpire wrote:

Of course you all have your reasons for hating me, I was an annoying child who (admittedly) was bent on acquiring the highest post count possible in the shortest amount of time.

Tonight I spent a fair bit of time reading through some of my interactions with you, and it reminded me of why I left in the first place:

The first and most prominent reason being the moderation. =sd was (in my opinion) extremely biased. banning cruise for a simple double post or banning me for my rude comment (regardless of the context). While on the other hand, preferred members could and would get away with murder. On numerous occasions =sd was short tempered and more than willing to incite mean-spirited arguments with me and other members with little provocation. My sources tell me that =sd is no longer here, but I must admit he was not the only member who made my time here a little more unpleasant. This brings me to my second reason: Azpire.

I think you know how you acted. Even in your apology thread you lacked the common courtesy to properly spell my username. You even quoted others in your post who did so:
EqualsDee wrote:
... Fawx...

Of course I am no victim. I was very crude and unpleasant in my posts and comments, and frankly I was a spammer. However, I was a child. If I remember correctly, you are and were an adult, I think it would've served us all if someone had just told me directly that I was being a bit much, instead all I received were harsh comments.

You wanted to apologize to cruise and it seems as if you accomplished that on a more personal level, my advice is to end it there. making this public statement comes across as egotistical and self-absorbed.

PS: I wonder what Naomi's thoughts are on this considering she left as well...

PostPosted: October 15th, 2017, 12:46 am 
Awards
Realizing realizations
Realizing realizations

Yogurt tokens: 690
sounds unusually sincere for a known masturbator.