Latest C-Mix

Home Movies Games Comics Characters
Downloads History Miscellaneous Forum

ACE Character Designer
It is currently February 19th, 2018, 9:59 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Will you ever frequent Cloudflash again?
What's Cloudflash? 20%  20%  [ 2 ]
NONONONONONO 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
NONONONONOYES 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
No. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Yes. 20%  20%  [ 2 ]
NO! NO! NO! OH GOD NO! 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
<Insert Yes Quote> 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
I'm already here. 20%  20%  [ 2 ]
I never left. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
I wish I could forget. 10%  10%  [ 1 ]
My life is a lie - yes. 10%  10%  [ 1 ]
HELL F#$%$# YES 20%  20%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 10
Poster Message Extra info
 Post subject: Will you ever frequent Cloudflash again?
PostPosted: October 8th, 2017, 1:59 am 
Awards
The addict rank at 760 is a joke

Yogurt tokens: 5835
As the name suggests, so give us your answer cards;

/maneuver

Post subject: Re: Will you ever frequent Cloudflash again?
PostPosted: October 18th, 2017, 10:42 am 
Awards
An Improved Society's #1 fan and interpreter
An Improved Society's #1 fan and interpreter

Yogurt tokens: 13125
probably not... but it seems like such a low effort thing that i might as well do between my important activities, so maybe!

PostPosted: October 18th, 2017, 2:18 pm 
Awards
! Penpal !
! Penpal !

Yogurt tokens: 10830
There's nothing to see here, probably no point in bothering. Maybe it'll be more worthwhile if I ever get around to redesigning the site. Maybe increased presentability and better coding for the site would increase traffic.

PostPosted: October 19th, 2017, 8:04 pm 
Awards

Yogurt tokens: 5835
Hold up, you already have bigger tasks on your to do list Danno!

That's the way Skut, we'll never let you go.....

PostPosted: October 19th, 2017, 9:34 pm 
Awards
Cowguy
Cowguy

Yogurt tokens: 60
Danno wrote:
There's nothing to see here, probably no point in bothering. Maybe it'll be more worthwhile if I ever get around to redesigning the site. Maybe increased presentability and better coding for the site would increase traffic.

*cough* templates rule...

PostPosted: October 24th, 2017, 2:02 am 
Awards
! Exposed !
! Exposed !

Yogurt tokens: 2550
Cloudflash is like a drug. I can stop popping in for a few days, weeks, or even months, but I always come back.

PostPosted: November 7th, 2017, 4:17 pm 
Awards
Experienced
Experienced

Yogurt tokens: 675
There's always a reason to stay when you enjoy chatting with your friends. When they move on, their gravity no longer keeps you here. Most of who remained by the time I got here were young folks, Between 16 and 24 (myself included). This period of life is one of, if not thee most dynamic and developing stages of life.

There are those who left as they did in 2013 for their reasons.

Skutieos and Brandon were both young school boys who kicked into second gear around 2014, came around less and less because they no longer had all that free time. They started working towards the goals they had to improve themselves and begin the journey to adulthood.

Danno went through his quest to be together with his girl, and many job changes. Quite understandable he'd have less time.

If I remember right Azpire was struggling with challenges at work and finding a place to stay, while scooba was just trying to get a job for his AUS Visa and to help pay for the living arrangements.

The people around Hisho discovered that he was a normal functioning member of society. He became rich and famous.

Cruise came around less and less. I'd guess it's because there were less people to interact with.

Aubrey vanished for unknown to me reasons. Being a young person I'd assume some aforementioned circumstances apply.

Max and Honor were both too smart to activate our trap cards.

Kaly lives here, and we're all just kids who won't get off his lawn.

There were others, but these were the heavy hitters still standing in active status that I remember when we all started to fall off.

Would I ever resume active regular status? Well I'd say I never had that to begin with. But if my friends were here? 'course I'd drop in.

PostPosted: November 7th, 2017, 11:53 pm 
Awards
! Penpal !
! Penpal !

Yogurt tokens: 10830
sparequid wrote:
The people around Hisho discovered that he was a normal functioning member of society. He became rich and famous.

Kaly lives here, and we're all just kids who won't get off his lawn.

Those two statements couldn't be more accurate. Good points about people being here during a time in their lives when they just plain weren't so busy.

I'm putting in less time around CF since I'm working on this: https://re-spite.com/
I'm not sure what will become of the Cloudflash forum once Re:Spite gains an active following. I suppose it'd still exist, but I no longer have any desire to see Cloudflash become active. There just isn't really any content to draw new visitors, so attempting to maintain an active community here is very difficult.

PostPosted: November 8th, 2017, 3:41 am 
Awards
Experienced
Experienced

Yogurt tokens: 675
The past couple of days I've been thinking about another idea on the forum dying. Simple preemptive TL;DR Cell Phones.

While cell phones have been around and quite accessible since the mid 90's, they never hit their stride as an every household consumer device until the 2010's/teens. There were no unlimited plans until smart phones entered the market, only those who could afford the luxury or needed it for business had cell phones. Paying per minute just wasn't something many wanted or could do. There were popular fads like the flip phone, (one that comes to mind here in the states was the motorola razor) then the slide out keyboard phones (the sidekick). Those were the first consumer mass market phones to really get the trend started, also brought out the unlimited talk and text plans instead of just paying by use. Next were digital assistant phones, the Palm Pilot phones and the Blackberrys. These were the start of the "smart" phone. The deal was sealed when 2-3 years later apple announced the iphone (an AT&T exclusive), Shortly after Verizon introduced the Motorola Droid to compete (the birth of the ios vs android war). Smart phones took a bit to catch on, many loved the design and technology behind the flip and slide out phones, but ultimately it was understood the upgrade was to occur eventually. (everything I've mentioned so far is what happened in the united states, though the process may have been different in different regions. The end result is the same, everyone has an iphone or an android now) It seems like so long ago but really, the standard of everyone having a cell phone is one that has only just been set in the past 5 years. They were as mentioned before, even with the better unlimited plans that made owning one more affordable, hither too been for the privileged owner.

Rather than over the sky is not falling everything and try to correlate data between the time cloudflash user base started to dip and when we all got cell phones or atleast cell phones became more of our routine. I'll suffice to say while forums still thrive and succeed on other platforms, they are usually dedicated to something that brings people together over a mutual subject. Such as tech, cars or video games. The cloudflash forum, by the time I arrived anyway. Was mainly just around as a hub for a group of friends. A place where people came to make their jokes and post their links.

I mentioned before that a solid reasoning behind cloudflash "dying" was because people changed. But more than just people changing, culture changed too. Most purposes this forum carried out between 2009-2014 are now served by our cell phones.

No I'm not saying cloudflash died because of cell phones, I'm speculating that cloudflash died because it wasn't serving much of a purpose but to provide nostalgia and connect those of us who don't have each other's cell phone number.

For all the irony I'll give some information about my cell phone use. My cell phone is a Motorola E 1stgen, google the specs if you want to compare it to what you own. I send or receive a text about once every 3 days if I'm in active discussion, make or receive a call about once a week. My cell plan involves unlimited talk and text, 0 ZERO NONE Data. $15 USD per month. I have no downloaded apps on it, and use none of the preloaded ones. I don't game, web browse, stream video/music, gps navigate, social media or take pictures with it. It's only purpose is so while out and about I can make changes to plans with someone on the fly. I can let a friend know I'll be 20 minutes later than expected for us to meet up. I can receive a call when I'm on the way to a friend's, telling me he'll be late etc. That alone is why I spend $15 a month. It's simply so I can get ahold of and be gotten ahold of at anytime, anywhere I can get cell service.

Despite my lack of having adapted my life to the technology of smart phones. I'm the only person I know who owns a smart phone and does so little with it. I would hedge my bets the opposite is said of many members of the forum.

My reason to use this forum? I don't have international texting, rates apply for me.

Just something I was thinking about the past couple days. Figured I'd share it because it gives me something to post.

PostPosted: November 8th, 2017, 4:01 am 
Awards
Realizing realizations
Realizing realizations

Yogurt tokens: 695
nowadays people use discord. its k.