|January 01, 2013 - Tightrope|
Well, I was 1 C-Mix short of my goal for last year, but I suppose I at least left it at the smooth, respectable number of 250. An Improved Society still hasn't been happening, but I will get it done.
|February 16, 2013 - Lazy days|
Well, I now have a better job than I mentioned in my last news post, but the hours are still a little strange. This past week, I've been getting home somewhere in the neighbourhood of 8:30pm and 9:00pm. When I come home to find the day has ended and that I should probably go to sleep in a few hours for the next day of work, I feel far from motivated to work on my projects. Sorry about going a month without making a new C-Mix, but here's one now that I've been chipping away at throughout that timeframe. This year is also getting complicated already in other ways, so productivity might be scarce.
|March 16, 2013 - Recycling|
It's been a month since I last made a comic, so I figured I should probably make another one. Also, my good pal Nate was pestering me to do so by texting me at around 4:00 AM. I meant to make this one around a month ago when I first discovered the excessive recycling that occurs in the office area at my job. I suppose it's better than things going straight to the trash, though. If only someone would recycle me before I end up in the trash!
|May 26, 2013 - They're not dolls, they're action figures!|
So, I started working on some character creator thing.
I thought I should call it something more original than "character creator", so I called it ACE Character Designer! I find myself having a hard time designing characters for projects I intend to make, and I was also obsessed with getting new avatars and dressing up my character in DFO when it was alive, so this should be useful.
In other news, a few new emoticons a few days ago or something. Making the wheel spin is currently pending.
|June 08, 2013 - Snooze too many times in a row and you'll be late!|
I planned to finish a side project today, but for some reason I feel pretty drained. I remember a long time ago when I used to look forward to weekends and days off thinking about how I'd work on projects for 8 hours and get a lot done. I'm not quite having that feeling for the time being, though.
I decided I should get An Improved Society: RevenGe done before its hiatus goes on for anymore months. I mean, it's not a very complicated project; it definitely shouldn't have been waiting this long. I was thinking I'd completely finish it today, but didn't have it in me to do more than 4 pages. I'll try to at least get this done by the end of the month, though.
C-Mix and all the other things I should be working on are all on pause for now. I know I'm not giving much to look forward to here, but that's how it is! I worked many 10-12 hour days recently and still have to deal with life issues and such. I do want to complete my projects, but now just doesn't seem to be the right time for big ones.
Oh, and I finally updated the 2004-2012 to 2004-2013, so get off my back already!
|June 15, 2013 - A side project completed|
This isn't exactly some big Cloudflash update, but this site is pretty much a display of my creations, so I might as well show off this painting I made in a visible announcement. So, I was working on this since April and didn't finish it till June due to overtime at work and trying to keep it a secret from Felicia and stuff. It was pretty much done on the 11th with some very minor fixes on the 12th. It took approximately 31 hours to complete. I'm announcing this a little late since I had to let her be the first to see the final version, of course, and also since I was thinking to group this with some other announcement, but oh well.
You can also see my daily progress on the painting, reference picture, and high resolution photo by clicking here. I mostly just took one picture per day with my crappy cell phone, so some of them might not look too different. By the way, this is my lovely fiancee, of course.
I should really focus on redesigning Cloudflash and having a specific place for my art. Maybe someday!
|June 29, 2013 - RevenGe is done|
I finally finished An Improved Society: RevenGe. I seem kinda numb to it, but hopefully some of you will find some amusement in it. I don't think I'll work on any other projects while TSACFAFCTTSAFAOC is running since, simple as they may look, it takes quite a bit of time to draw all those pictures for the matches. After that's over, I can see myself focusing on one of two projects, but I'm sure my choices here will be to everyone's dismay!
1. ACE Character Designer is a project that's more within my league as far as coding goes since it isn't so much about coding as it is about drawing constantly and working with tedious layering. I want to at least get the basics done so I can casually add new items without worrying about anything technical.
2. "Cloudflash Dream Battle" probably has the most progress of all my projects. The coding is a disastrous mess, but I can probably make sense of it again and get to it. Damn, I can't believe I started the original project in 2008. The Cloudflash version is just from 2011, though, which at least isn't quite as bad. Still, I don't want to leave this unfinished for years when it has so much progress... and I tend to work on it around this time of year, so I might be doing that again.
My life's still complicated and crap, as I predicted at the start of the year. Things are rough, but I'll do what I can.
|July 04, 2013 - Summertime emotes|
Some new emoticons so we can further express our emotions using pre-made images.
I'm also still open to suggestions, of course, though I make no guarantees.
|August 18, 2013 - The last of the single digits|
Today, Cloudflash is 9 years old. I don't really have anything grand to show for it, but I forced myself to make one new C-Mix, at least.
I think it's safe to say I'm not gonna complete any projects this year and that it's unlikely there will even be a few more C-Mix comics made. Sorry for the false hope before. This just isn't a good time in my life and I'm highly unmotivated. I only really want one thing in my life and it's impossible for me to work towards it in any way, which really sucks. Well, better luck next year.
|October 07, 2013 - I know, lack of updates|
It's pretty bad I haven't posted an update since August, but oh well, that's just how it goes sometimes. Here is some news and stuff:
1. There are several people from DFO Source migrating here since DFO Source kinda um... died.
2. Since the DFO Sourcers are here, I can continue DFOS Adventure. It borrows the idea of MS Paint Adventure's "Jail Break", in which forum users suggest the next action the character will take and I draw it out in MS Paint. My version is loosely based on the Dungeon Fighter world (RIP DFO). I was planning to finish it and post it in the Comics section here, but never quite got around to finishing it, then DFOS just had to go and get suspended... Anyhow, I managed to make a page that displays all the DFOS Adventure comics using a database. In short, this means I only have to create one page as a sort of template, then the database can fill in the blanks (which image and text to use). This is basically several times simpler than manually making over a hundred pages and individually linked them all together, so this is a sort of prototype for all the comic pages on Cloudflash.
DFOS Adventure can be viewed here (the page will look less blank one day).
3. Since the DFO Sourcers are here, I figured now was as good a time as any to finally update the rules, as I've been meaning to do for months. There are now little MS Paint pictures to make the rules less of a chore to read.
4. There is something I've been working on lately. I'll just leave this here.
|October 22, 2013 - Is your refridgerator running? Then u better make a bad pun!|
A few new emoticons.
In other news, my projects are not making a ton of progress. I would be so bold as to say that some of them are, in fact, not making any progress at all! My projects are so lazy. They need to work harder.
|December 01, 2013 - November summary|
I kinda forgot to make a news post in November. I like to try and make one at least once a month. So, here's a summary of things that I did in November: